Reaching Out To You: HL Assurance Pte. Ltd. (“HLAS”) is a licensed general insurance company in Singapore, a subsidiary of Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad (“HLFG”) and a member of the Hong Leong Group.
Reporting to the Head of Underwriting, you shall be responsible to:
- Assist in the technical and product development for all consumer lines of business, which include but not limited to Motor, Travel, Personal Accident, Home, Mobile Phone, Health, etc.
- Perform underwriting portfolio reviews on a monthly basis and recommend corrective actions whenever required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with insurance brokers, agencies and agents and provide services like agents registration, cross-selling of other company products, handling of renewals, process endorsement, etc.
- Analyse and price renewal business at a premium commensurate with the acceptable risk exposure or changes in policies.
- Implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will garner profitability and book growth
- Achieve budget, meet renewal retention goals and provide advice on referred cases.
- Conduct market research and competitors’ statistical analysis of all product classes.
- Engage in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend modifications to underwriting guidelines and workflows.
- Generate production reports and other tasks as assigned.
- A recognized Diploma or Degree in any related discipline, with professional qualifications in General Insurance
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on underwriting experience consumer lines, including Motor, Travel, PA, Home and others, is a must.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making, with attention to details
- Independent and a fast leaner, able to grasp processes and system quickly
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Able to work within deadlines and under pressure
Other Information and Benefits
- 5-day work week (Mon- Fri, 9 am – 6 pm, 1 hour lunch),
- 10-15 mins walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT
- Attractive remuneration package, monthly and quarterly commission, annual leave entitlement, outpatient and dental benefits, group hospitalization and surgical, personal accident and term life insurance, etc.
Your Career, Our Passion – COME JOIN US NOW!
Interested applicants, please forward your detailed resume, stating qualifications, reason for leaving each employment, work experience, availability, current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org NOW.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
HLAS is a member of Hong Leong Group, a leading conglomerate based in Malaysia with diversified businesses in banking and financial services, manufacturing and distribution, property development and investments, hospitality and leisure, and principal investment with presence in Asia, Europe, North America and Oceania. We are also a member of General Insurance Association (GIA) in Singapore. Our products include Travel, Fire, Home Contents and Motor. (Find out more about us at www.hlas.com.sg)
HLFG is a leading provider of financial services through the subsidiaries and associate companies of Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad. The Group’s Financial Services companies provide a broad spectrum of financial services – banking, treasury, insurance, fund management, investment banking, capital markets and stock-broking throughout Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong and Vietnam. Based in Kuala Lumpur, our products and services are distributed via a diverse range of distribution channels.